What we do
Multi-year relationship creating many interactive Flash pieces used for both internal training and brand training as well as a large number of graphics, charts and diagrams used in business and corporate development.
8 month project featuring two architecturally accurate 3d models of both the new power plant in Gantt, Alabama as well as the previous plant it replaced. The animations and graphics rendered with these models were used in training and e-learning courseware.
Box art for Army Men : Sarge’s Heroes 2 and Army Men 2 : Air Attack, released on the Nintendo 64 and Playstation 2. Similar box art was done for Fire Pro Wrestling from Bam! Entertainment around this time.
3d modelling of a variety of weapons and equipment used as both design and bump mapping reference for the game Dark Sector.
Storyboards for a Visa Buxx / Final Fantasy IX television commercial drawn from a textual draft of the tv spot.
Graphics and layouts for internal Powerpoint presentations and external sales materials as well as interactive Flash pieces used by business development.
Little Black Book of our Creative Director
I’ve learned from and worked with a huge variety of entertainers, designers, artists and corporations over the years on a broad assortment of projects. Here are some notable accomplishments to give an idea of the scope of my efforts over the years.
- 1987 – Awarded “Cartoon of the Year”award from the Chronicle Herald for best high school newspaper cartoon.
- 1988 – Contributed cartoons and drawings to the Bedford Toy Library calendar.
- 1989 – 1992 – Created hand painted signage for many businesses in my local area.
- 1994-1995 – Studied graphic design at the Nova Scotia College of Art & Design under notable German designers Ludwig Scharfe and Horst Depp.
- 1995 – Had several pieces of work on display in the Zavitz Gallery at the University of Guelph in Ontario.
- 1996 to 1998 – Accepted position as Lead Animator with a local design/animation company.
- 2000 – Created the box art for Sarge’s Heroes Army Men II, Army Men Air Attack II and Fire Pro Wrestling, some popular titles for the Nintendo and Playstation.
- 2001 – Created the first set of 3d characters seen at the gaming tables on partypoker.com.
- 2002 – Interviewed by notable 3d community site 3dtotal.com about a 3d short film I had in production.
- 2003 – Worked directly with Robb Wells (Ricky), John Paul Tremblay (Julian) and Mike Smith (Bubbles) from the Trailer Park Boys at the 2003 Ice Awards in Halifax where I created graphics for the show, as well as operated the main screen display on stage during the ceremony.
- 2002 – 2007 – Created interactive flash content, internal training and promotional material for popular hotel chains Delta Hotels and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts as well as Travel Alberta, TD Commercial Banking, Carnival Cruises, Colgate and the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development.
- 2007 – Created some 3d model mockups and bump map references for weapons used in the development of Dark Sector, a game by Digital Extremes. I also acted as Creative Director and 3d modeller for indie game Target Korea for Targetware in 2007.
- 2008 – Worked with syndicated political cartoonists Daryl Cagle (of Cagle Cartoons Inc) and Rob Tornoe (The Philadelphia Inquirer) creating and maintaining the main web site, Mr. Cagle’s blog and the accompanying political cartoonist portal/column site.
- 2009 – 2013 – Accepted a position with Atlantis Systems Corp where I lead 3d development on many projects including working with Sikorsky and the Department of National Defense on the Maritime Helicopter Project which involved creating all elearning training material for the CH-148 Cyclone helicopter for which I attained NATO Secret security clearance. I later became Media Team Lead for Atlantis Systems Corp / Bluedrop Performance Learning.
- 2013 – Created a 3d animated promo video for Ultra Electronics Modular Multistatic Sonar System (PDF).
- 2014 – Accepted position as Creative Director with Polyfuse.
- 2014 – Created web presence for SEC Estimating in the UK.